Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebate
Diving electric is becoming more prevalent in the Guadalupe Valley and South Central Texas, just as it is in many places in the United States and around the world.
With this in mind, along with GVEC’s commitment to delivering more when it comes to products and services that empower those we serve, we provide total start-to-finish service for purchasing and installing home EV charging stations.
We offer quality brands like JuiceBox®, ChargePoint® and Tesla, and GVEC electricians are Tesla-certified installers. GVEC members may also qualify for an EV charging station rebate of up to $600 on qualifying home chargers and installation costs.
GVEC offers a rebate for qualifying level 2 residential or commercial EV charging station installations.
- Must be a GVEC member.
- Installation must be performed by a professional, licensed electrician in order to participate in rebate program.
- GVEC does not assume liability for work completed by any contractor.
- EV charger must be Tesla, ChargePoint® or JuiceBox® brand.
- Please allow up to 6 weeks after receipt of all documents to receive rebate credit.
- GVEC requires a picture of the EV charger installation. Additional supporting documents may be required, see Supporting Documentation section for details.
- Member must provide proof of ownership/current lease of EV.
- GVEC reserves the right to verify all projects in order to meet minimum program guidelines and requirements.
- Government funded improvements do not qualify for GVEC rebates.
- Instant rebate may apply if installation is performed by a GVEC licensed electrician.
- GVEC reserves the right to discontinue or make changes to the EV Charging Station Rebate program without notice.
Check our Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebate page at gvec.org for more details, including a full listing of specifications and supporting documentation required.
GVEC’s Home Charger Installation Rebate
It’s no understatement to say that electric vehicle (EV) technology represents the transportation mode of the future.
Industry experts predict that most, if not all, new EVs will carry a lower sticker price than comparable vehicles powered with an internal combustion engine (ICE) by 2024. Electric vehicles won’t just be cheaper to buy, though, but also less expensive to own and maintain. This, according to experts, will drive EV sales to a point that they make up over half of all vehicles sold by 2040.
Besides the price advantage EVs will gain in coming years and their overall lower maintenance requirements, these vehicles have three other significant advantages over their ICE-powered counterparts:
Electric Vehicles Make Less Noise
Gasoline engines are large, complicated and noisy. They also require numerous auxiliary components to supplement and support their operation, creating additional noise and maintenance needs. EVs, on the other hand, are powered by extremely quiet, comparatively small electric motors that require far fewer auxiliary components. In fact, EVs are so quiet that the federal government has passed a rule requiring them to emit artificial noise at speeds of up to 18.6 m.p.h. so pedestrians and cyclists can hear them.
EVs are Quicker, More Responsive
When a driver presses an EV accelerator, the vehicle reacts more quickly compared to an ICE-powered vehicle. Forward movement is generally more immediate and pronounced, making these vehicles more satisfying to drive.
Electric Vehicles can be ‘Fueled’ at Home
Imagine rarely, if ever, needing to stop at a gas station during the course of a normal day. Imagine leaving home each morning always assured of enough “fuel” to take you through an entire day of normal driving without stopping. Even if you did run low on fuel at an inconvenient time, imagine being able to drive straight home anyway and “gas up” there. Such fueling flexibility will never happen with ICE vehicles. Many electric vehicle owners, on the other hand, already enjoy home fueling convenience.
GVEC Commercial and Home Charger Installation Rebate
If you own an electrical vehicle, GVEC wants to help you make the dream of home charging a reality. That’s why we’re offering a rebate on home charger installation. For a limited time, residential and commercial EV owners can get the following rebates on a GVEC charger install:
- Residential: $600 or 50% off—whichever is less
- Commercial: $3,000 or 50% off—whichever is less.